Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Goals Recap 4

It's that time again...time for my check-in on my summer fitness goals!

(Pssst, if you missed the first few installments of my goals and progress, you can find them here, here, here, here, and here in chronological order)

Without further ado:

1) Run 60 miles per month for the months of May, June, and July.

Progress: 40 miles towards this goal. I have 8 days left to get in 20 miles, but I think it should work out barring injury. I have plans for a 6 miler tomorrow and a 12 miler with a friend on Saturday. That makes it almost done!

2) Build towards, and ride, one 50 mile bike ride before the end of August. 

You can't say I didn't try! I haven't budged past my 30 mile max, which I have now ridden twice, but after my tire blew on a lonesome stretch of highway this weekend, I am not really excited to ride a long ride outside of town for a little bit. I hope to be at least to 35 miles by the next time I check in.  

3) Swim 5x per month for the months of May, June, and July.  

I have now made it 3 times for a grand total of 4600 meters. That's just short of 3 miles! Doubters out there are probably thinking that there is no way I'll get in the water two more times in 8 days, especially with 20 miles to run, but I have a secret weapon: I have a sprint triathlon on Sunday (this one - anyone else doing it?). And even though it's only 750 meters, it totally counts. Totally. Especially since it will be my first outdoor swim all season (eek!).

Seriously though, swimming is so good for me, and I can honestly say that without these goals and accountability to you all, I would not be doing it nearly enough.

4) 100 pushup challenge, modified. 


I maxed out at 90 toes/10 knees a few weeks ago. Not sure if it's a psychological block or a physical one, but I've been weight training and doing a long of different types of pushups for the last few weeks. I don't plan to try the challenge any more this week, but I will go to a weightlifting class tomorrow, and then next week I'll try again. Hopefully all this arm-muscle-cross-training did something for me.

That's it for now. I'll do my next check in at the end of June with my totals for the month. I cannot believe that June is almost over. I only have 5.5 weeks until I move my whole life to another state!

How are your fitness goals going? Any races or places that you've been checking out?

No comments:

Post a Comment