So...some crazy lady decided I deserved to be recognized as a stylish blogger. Mary, a craft blogger from Piece Garden, and my freshman neighbor in the dorms...she hasn't seen me in person in years, which is exactly why I think she nominated me for this award! No, I kid! It was very sweet, and if you're into sewing or quilting, I would check out her blog. It's amazing! Thanks Mary, and here are the details on this award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Award 6 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact the bloggers and tell them about the award.
Seven fun facts about me:
1. I love, love, love broccoli. The fiancé finds my obsession a little strange.
2. My family is genetically predisposed to being a sucker for animals in need. That is how I ended up with these little snots:
It is also how my dad once owned two dogs and 8 cats at once.
3. I hate short bike rides (15 miles or less), but love long ones (20 miles or more). The 15-20 range is just too awkward to talk about.
4. I am a work-a-holic. I’m making pro/con lists for potential jobs right now, and one item in the CON list for a certain school is that people don’t work in the summer there. Really. No joke.
5. Every time I meet a mean, egotistical, and overbearing scientist, I am reminded that people need a force for good in the world and that is why I need to stay in this career.
6. Sometimes I don’t cook or eat healthy food. And then my body rebels, which is why I try not to do that too often!
7. Babies, especially newborns, make me nervous. Hand me a 2-3 year old, and I’m good, but when they are so young and fragile, I worry about breaking them.
Now I need to nominate some other blogs that I’ve recently discovered:
The Daily Balance: Shannon just had a baby (eek!) and is still stylish and beautiful. Plus, she’s taking the whole weight loss and exhaustion thing in stride.
Mein Portfolio: Disclaimer – this is totally a close relative of mine! My brother, Toby, is an excellent emerging photographer, and he has his work displayed here. I own the ‘Glass Forest’ and ‘Bridge in Perspective’ as large prints. His style is in his ability to see natural beauty and capture it.
Life (and running) in Iowa: Fun blog and Iowa based. Recurring vegan recipes, cross training, and running. I always want to hear about the next adventures of Kier and Nic, which are always performed in style, of course.
Biochemista: Actually, this isn’t so new to me. But Lauren is really a good role model for a balanced young adult life. Her style: light and refreshing cocktails and mocktails enjoyed while enduring the stress of a major career change. Read it and support her!
Tales of a 30-something Nothing: This is a very cute family oriented blog from a fitness professional and nutrition/counseling student. I really enjoy the recipes and the commentary on raising two sassy girls!
Healthy Ashley: You will be so jealous of Ashley’s workout gear while in awe of her physical abilities. Also, she’s wedding planning and I can’t wait to see all of the details!
Ok, back in a jiffy!