Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Too hot to cook...

In honor of the 102 degrees enveloping our lovely state, I'm popping in for a quick post on what to cook when it's too hot to cook.

A giant salad. Click > here < for directions on how to make the best salad of your life. Promise!

Old favorite. Black beans, rice, and steamed broccoli. Top with salsa and chopped lettuce. Yummmm.

PS. When it's too hot for anything else, I'll buy a microwave rice (like Uncle Ben's), open a can of beans, and skip the broccoli. It's my go-to meal and actually what I'm assembling for our lunches tomorrow!

 Cucumber and tomato sandwich. Use goat cheese, cream cheese, or Laughing Cow varieties. Top with sliced veggies. Crack some pepper on top. Yummmmmm. Maggie's recipe and I thank her for it on days like today!

 Smoothies. Green is optional. A smoothie can be a great meal replacement.
 Berries are in season here! Mixed berries topped with nut butter sauce. Sauce: 1 tbsp nut butter, 1/4 c milk product, sweetener if you like. Microwave and stir until doubled in volume and super creamy!
 Zucchini noodle pasta. I made it > here < Only requires a microwave!



Ok, I'm laying low and staying out of the heat after a ridiculous brick workout (16.5 mile bike, 1.5 mile run) in the heat yesterday...I'm treadmill bound until this weather passes! Stay cool, friends!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I couldn't find your email address but I wanted to put FitFluential.com on your radar because I think you would be a good fit. Check out http://fitfluential.com for more info on who we are or feel free to email me if you have any questions!

    ReplyDelete