Sunday, June 12, 2011

Indoor Camping

This weekend, the fiance and I went on our first adventure to the place that will become my new home in 1.5 months. Because of the way leases work in my new hometown, I had to start a lease in June, even though I wouldn't be living there full time until August. Though double rent is a large expense and caused me to rework my summer goals, we're making the best of it by traveling the three hours to the new place a few times this summer to go exploring.

Though I actually have a family connection to my new hometown (a strange coincidence), and had spent a fair amount of time visiting family there as a child, the fiance has never been to this town, so he had no idea what to expect. We started driving, and slowly the terrain became rolling. At first, it was just a little bit.

And then it got even more interesting!
We don't have hills like that in central Iowa!
We got to town and picked up my keys...and we got situated at my new house.
The fiance filled up the air mattress, brought in a carload of stuff, and we set up camping chairs in the kitchen...


Indoor camping is really just like staying in a cabin or something...we have all the amenities, just none of the furniture. It's nice to have a home-base and a shower so we can really do whatever we want. Plus, if you couldn't tell from the pictures, it was a little rainy, so it was nice to stay dry....Plus, check out the midwestern mountain view from my front yard!

This is just the beginning of my awesome adventures...this post is getting long, so I'm going to segment it up. Tune in again for some amazing views from the top of the bluffs!

1 comment:

  1. Love that area! Might take a little getting used to though, right? I mean...steep inclines? What are those called again?! :)

    ReplyDelete