Saturday, June 25, 2011

Crazy Exercise Weekend

After a week of feeling incredibly down and tired, I woke up at 6:30 this morning completely rejuvenated. No weird aches, no crackly back, no sore feet. I have slept away all of my woes (and met my friday afternoon deadline by 3pm woot!). Why am I up this early on a Saturday? To RUN!

I have a hot date with a lovely lady across town, and we're hoping the weather holds out for a nice 12-miler. When I'm done with that, I have to hop in my car, drive to Des Moines, and pickup my packet for this race tomorrow:

I've done this race once before, and was signed up and ready to go the year flash floods kept us from racing. It's a great, albeit expensive, little race. Long swim, short bike - just how I like them.

This year I will be the first to admit that I am not trained enough. I haven't done an outdoor swim. I have done maybe 2 brick workouts, and neither of them were recent. I will really need to work to remember what I need to pack tonight. Plus, there's this 12 mile run I'm leaving my house to go do in 10 minutes.

I'm telling myself that it'll be an adventure, and that I know my body can do it. Hopefully I'm right? Eek!


What do I need to remember to pack for this race tomorrow? Help, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment