Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer Goals Recap 3

Another week has flown by, and it's time for another summer fitness goals recap! If you missed the first few installments, here they are:

General statements: Iowa was really, really hot and really, really windy these past weeks. We FINALLY are getting the storms that we were promised, but this weather has taken some getting used to.

Onto the goals:
1) Run 60 miles per month for the months of May, June, and July. 
 
We're only 9 days into June, but so far, so good. It helps that I had a race this weekend. Total for the month is 20 miles not including the run I'll do tonight after work.

2) Build towards, and ride, one 50 mile bike ride before the end of August. 
 
After doing really well on this goal in early May, this goal has taken a backseat. I have been biking. My weekly mileage is up -  I've biked 50 miles in the past 7 days...just not all at once. Some of this was weather related, some due to the race I had last weekend. I have a triathlon in two weeks and I tried to do a brick in 100 degree heat on Monday...whooooweeeee...ouch. 16.5 miles never felt so awful! On the flip side, the fiance and I are planning some long biking trips along the Mississippi River Trail this weekend if the weather isn't terrible, so expect a recap of that (hopefully with pictures) next weekend!

3) Swim 5x per month for the months of May, June, and July. 

I have swam exactly once. That is still better than I did by this point in May. And I've told myself that I will go swimming tomorrow morning. However, if the past few times I've told myself this exact same thing indicate a trend, it's not actually going to happen. 

4) 100 pushup challenge, modified. 

Excellent! I maxed out at 90 on my toes/10 knees...but the next time I tried the challenge, I did it on a swimming day and could only manage 60 toes/40 knees, but it was because my abs hurt so much! I can tell I'm improving. This is the challenge I am most excited about!

Hope you have a fabulous weekend. The fiance and I are adventuring in southeastern MN and hope to have a fun recap, and I am still working on some science posts for ya'll. Take care!

Does hot weather impede your workout schedule?

1 comment:

  1. I've just left Kuwait, and I did run outdoors a few times. Usually at around 10pm, and maybe 37-40 degree weather (Celsius). I feel like the heat helps muscles heal (or maybe I'm just telling myself this) and I have really enjoyed the heat! It sure beats the frost and snow Canada can get.

    ReplyDelete