Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bad Blogger!

Sorry friends, I've been a bad blogger this week. I even left you on a down note, which was tacky of me, wasn't it?

Lyra is busy being tacky to try to make me look better.


My lack of posting also means that I broke my New Year's resolution of having more regular posting. I'll try to make it up to you, but I'll warn you that I expect to be traveling a lot in the next few weeks, so posting might be a little erratic.

So, where did we leave off? Oh yes, the dreaded job search. Well, I didn't get the job. I was 2nd choice at my top choice school. Honestly, that's not bad at all. I feel a lot better just knowing what is going to happen there and being able to regroup and focus on the next options.

I had a terrible phone interview (in my opinion) two weeks ago, followed by that school having several follow-up calls to my references (ummm, never a good sign) and lo-and-behold they want me to come to campus next week and do a campus interview. Honestly, I think it's a little strange, but I'm going. I also had an amazing phone interview with another school on Tuesday. They were so much fun and I hope to hear positive news next week. All in all, I'm looking forward. I know I'm close!

Other things that are making me happy this week:
Green smoothies and juices. It wasn't so cold that they were unbearable. My skin was happy about that. Something about the minerals and hydration in the greens makes my skin so much better!

Juice:
1 apple
1 orange
2 carrots
1 in ginger
2 broccoli stalks
2 cups spinach 
(serves 2)

Smoothie:
1 banana
1 c frozen peaches
1 orange
2 cups spinach
protein powder
vanilla
water






















Late Valentine's Day Flowers! They were beautiful, but the fiance has announced that he won't be using 1800FLOWERS ever again. They screwed up my birthday flowers (misdeliver) and I didn't get anything on my birthday. They refunded the fiance and he then bought V-day flowers, which were supposed to come in on Feb 14th....then they were delayed a day, and then another day, and then another day. I got them 1 week late, and they were cold and sad when I got them. These pics are from 3 days of hanging out by a heater and getting flower food. The good news is that we  will be shopping local from now on!

Food hasn't been too interesting. I'll do a Salad Challenge recap, but I'll admit that the 4 extra days that I was going to do went down in flames. On day 9, we ate shrimp and grits for dinner. I just couldn't take any more salads. This week we were both busy and crabby and had a lot of roasted or sauteed veggies in some kind of sauce (usually tomato based), the one above was in a lemon vinaigrette. The dish above is pretty representative of what we're eating...which is good because this is what our fruit bowl looks like as of today:

Yes, I said fruit bowl. Yes, those are pretzels. We'll be shopping later tonight.

Finally, my weekend plans are to take it easy. After two weeks of unseasonably warm weather, we woke up to snow.
That's ok with me. I think it's creepy to have no snow in February. Plus, snow is better than freezing rain. Last weekend, I did a 9 mile run outside when it was 30 degrees and raining. Ugh! I came back inside after 6 miles to change into dry clothes and did the last 3 miles in those. Today I tried to run. I got about 3 miles in, but it's like running on rusty ball-bearings. You get some traction, but it's not reliable and it starts to hurt your hips and ankles after a while.

Instead, I did the short run and then this bodyrock workout. Zuzana handed my ass to me, but in a good way. I'll do some yoga later. The fiance requested some stretches, so I've got some good yogadownload classes that I bought a while ago. They also have awesome FREE 20 minute classes that are great if you're new to yoga or want to try another style of class. Highly recommended.


Recovery drink as of late is Ovaltine and protein power. Yes, all the classy kids drink their recovery drinks in American Chemical Society water bottles!

Ok, coming up - Salad Challenge recap and FINALLY the USDA GMO ruling. I know it's touchy, so I am double fact checking!

No comments:

Post a Comment