Sunday, August 1, 2010

I survived!

Today I swam 1 mile, biked 34 miles, and ran 9 miles. I survived and I am sure that I finished ahead of my wildest dreams...however, I don't have any action pictures or actual race times until the website gets updated, so here's the meager pics I came up with on my own:


Walmart dinner on a hotel bed the night before: a tub of salad mix with some light balsamic vinaigrette, a turkey and cheese sandwich on wheat, a half eaten peach (in my hand), a handful of oyster crackers, and 3/4 of a bag of reese's pieces.
Getting setup for my race at 6am!
My stuff setup under my bike:

Victorious (and slightly burnt!) at the end of my race!

So, I weigh about 160 lbs +/- 5 at any given time. That race burned ~3000 calories for me. I'm sure I'll be super hungry tomorrow, but I never feel very hungry after vigorous exercise. This is what I managed to get down today:
1 ~200 cal youbar
1 mini luna bar (100 cals)
1 gel (100 cals)
~350 cals gatorade or HEED during the race
1 turkey + cheese sub
1 banana
large gatorade
another turkey + cheese sandwich
1 peach
3-4 handfuls of oyster cracker
2 c watermelon + pineapple
1 beer
And this....my postrace veggie pizza! I had two large slices for dinner. I threatened to eat 1/2 the pizza, but just couldn't do it all tonight.

I'm obviously at a deficit, but I'm full and I know tomorrow I'll be able to eat some more. In the meantime, it's time for trashy TV and almost time for bed. Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment