Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Fresh & Easy Tuna Salad

With the warm weather coming up, I am once again looking for clean, cool meals. This one is cheap and healthy as well! Perfect!


You'll need: 
Tasty Tuna Salad
1/2 lb small noodles
1 cup of tomatoes, chopped (I used grape sized!)
2/3 red pepper, chopped
1 romaine heart, chopped
1/4 red onion, chopped
2 julienned carrots
2 cans tuna, drained

Dressing: 
1/4 c lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp basil or another herb
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp garlic
3-4 green olives (not pictured)
salt and pepper to taste

Mix veggies in bowl. Drain tuna and mix. Add noodles and toss to mix. In food processor, blend dressing ingredients until mixed thoroughly. Dress the pasta mix. It should be moist, but not wet.



I had mine with some avocado and pretzel crisps to round it out. It's a surprising amount of veggies, but is super light tasting, yet filling.

Hope you enjoy it!

2 comments:

  1. I know this is from a while ago, but I'm for sure taking myself to the store so I can make this, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's funny because we bought tuna just to make this salad...then it got a little chilly...the minute it warms up, this is exactly what we're having!

    ReplyDelete