Sunday, January 23, 2011

All words

In contrast to my last post from Vancouver, this one will be all words. Sorry for any impending boredom!

I'm back in Iowa. I suffered a poorly timed flat tire when pulling out of the airport parking lot - but I got it changed and picked up my boss from baggage claim before he even missed me, so that's good. Tomorrow morning my car will get all new 'shoes' - it was time and if I wanted to replace the flat, I'd have to get two tires to keep them wearing evenly anyway. It's going to be expensive, but I knew it was coming, so I've accepted and moved on.

After being 'on' for an entire week - the whole business trip, and Friday I had meetings and a phone interview (!!!!!!!), I crashed hard this weekend. Yesterday I went to a 1-year old's bday party and then crashed hard (it was an awesome party, but normally it would not be enough to make me go straight to bed afterward :P ). I slept 12 hours without trying. Today I'm excited to DO NOTHING and recharge  my batteries for another week. I'm also scouting a few more job opportunities.

I'm proud to say that I did manage to get all of my scheduled posts in this week, but tomorrow will have to be a break from regularly schedule programming. I should be back Tuesday with a post. I just need to get my car over to the dealership, so I don't want to be pressed for time. Plus, the fiance is being nice and taking me to work/picking me up after work. I don't want to press my luck!

Have a great week! How did you spend your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Boo to flat tires. YAY to phone interview! Let us know how it goes!

    I spent my weekend in bed...on vicodin and flexeril...or as my pharmacy friends call it "a good time" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friday I played cards in a cafe with some international kids and saturday I met up with a group of students that want to go on International Internships this summer :)

    ReplyDelete